Tax Season is here! Are you ready? Let us know how we can help!
We are a growing accounting firm in West Des Moines looking for a candidate who is interested in an Accounting Manager for one of our partners. This position will oversee a Tax team and review complex tax returns and projects. We are looking for a strong leader that can take this team to the next level.
- Oversee and manage Tax Team workflow
- Lead and develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
- Complete Tax reviews and prepare taxes when needed
- Lead daily, weekly, and monthly team meetings
- Hold team accountable in every aspect of the job
- Subject Matter Expert for all Tax related items
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- Supervise and/or manage general ledger accounting functions
- Communicating with clients and gathering information about a project’s scope, budgets and timelines
- Meeting with other executives to discuss clients’ project goals, progress and outcomes
- Coordinating teams to meet project milestones
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or MBA preferred
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience with a portion of it being in a supervisory role
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all level of an organization
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
- Knowledge of employee relationship building and performance management techniques
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Experience with other financial systems
- Lacerte and QuickBooks® preferred but not required
If interested, please submit your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com.