Contact us for 2023 tax planning strategies! It's tax planning season!
Thank you for your interest in a Tax Reviewer position we currently have available here at E&M, PLLC. E&M was established in 2018 by 2 amazing partners, Dale Eastman and Brian Maro. The 2 partners grew from having 5 employees to now over 30 in just a few years and they are not done growing just yet. We are a fast-growing firm looking for amazing talent to join our family culture environment. We are a fun and positive group with the mentality of we work hard and play harder. For our amazing team, we offer benefits, flexibility and a working environment where employees can learn and grow.
At E&M, our clients are our priority and a center of everything that we do. This is why we need great talent that will help us continue our goals of serving our clients to the best of our ability. We are looking for candidates that are energetic, hard working, have a proactive in their approach, and always look for ways to improve themselves and the firm.
We are a growing Accounting Firm in West Des Moines looking for a candidate who is interested in a Tax Reviewer position for one of our partners. This position will review simple to complex tax returns and projects. We are looking for an experienced Tax Reviewer that has the skillset to provide coaching, feedback, and ensure accuracy on every return they review.
- Review tax returns (partnerships, corporations and individual tax returns) for accuracy, completeness, and conformance with the tax rules, laws and regulations
- Subject Matter Expert for all Tax related items
- Handle special projects including tax audits, tax planning strategies and additional CFO work
- Facilitate advanced tax research, resolve complex tax issues
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- Communicating with clients and gathering information about a project’s scope, budgets and timelines
- Collaborates with outside departments to gather information and improve processes when identified
- Meeting with other executives to discuss clients’ project goals, progress and outcomes
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or MBA preferred
- 5+ years of progressive tax experience with a portion of it being in reviewing tax returns
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Efficient, accurate and deadline driven
- Attention to detail
- Goal oriented
- Able to prioritize and multi-task
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all levels of an organization
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
- Knowledge of employee relationship building and performance management techniques
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Experience with other financial systems.
- Lacerte and QuickBooks® preferred but not required
- Referral program
- Summer hours
- 401(k) matching
- Continuing education credits
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- 5 years
- In person
If interested, please submit your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com.